10 Apr '19 10 Apr '19
- Searching in Timeline when you didn't opt-in no longer requires you to tab past the opt-in text before you get to the search results
Language and input
Input Method Editor
- The development version of the Japanese IME from build 18277 has been restored
- Improved security and reliability in the revamped Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional IMEs, as well as a cleaner settings interface
- We fixed an issue that could result in a freeze on the lock screen if you interacted with the touch keyboard and then switched keyboard layouts.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings sporadically crashing in the last few builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders being prompted to setup their device after every reboot.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some of the text under Settings > System > Storage > Temporary Files being unexpectedly garbled in Chinese and Japanese.
- We fixed an issue that could cause certain applications to flicker if they were maximized and you launched the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where, if the Photos tile was pinned to Start, it could potentially result in unexpected battery drain as the tile animation would trigger even if Start wasn’t open.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds, and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Creative has released updated drivers for some affected X-Fi sound cards. Please refer to Creative’s website for details on your particular hardware and any available updates.
- We have received feedback from some Insiders that they are seeing a 0xca00a000 download error for Build 18875.