18 Jul '19 18 Jul '19
Language and input
Input Method Editor
- The Korean IME has been updated to use modern controls when writing in Hanja and improved text prediction
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users experiencing a large amount of lag when using the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash if you started a File Explorer search while in a OneDrive folder.
- We fixed an issue where if you searched for advanced Windows Update options, the search result would open to the main Windows Update Settings page, rather than the advanced one.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash if you clicked on the microphone section under Privacy Settings while audio recording was in progress by a Win32 application.
- Typing very fast in Notepad can cause the IME to stop working. If you experience this, restarting Notepad should resolve it.
- Pressing hotkeys, such as CTRL + A, in while in the middle of writing a Hangul letter has inconsistent behavior across apps.
- If you have attempted to install Build 18936 or Build 18941 and experienced install failures with error code c1900101 – see below section regarding this issue.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on. In August, Tamper Protection will return to being on by default for all Insiders.
- On occasion, the candidate selection in prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME doesn’t match with the composition string. We are investigating the issue.