26 Jul '19 26 Jul '19
- Cortana has been redesigned with a conversation-based UI and support for light mode
- Narrator will now turn on Scan Mode when reading Outlook or Windows Mail mails automatically
- Each email will now be read with the status mentioned first in the list view
- The text cursor can now be changed to any given color
- Right clicking a process will now show "Provide Feedback" after "End task" and "End process tree" instead of between
Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Connections can now be made using localhost
- Windows Defender ATP is being renamed to Microsoft Defender
- We have fixed the issue causing some Insiders to experience install failures with error code c1900101 due to a compatibility bug with a storage driver on their device.
- We’ve made a few fixes to improve reliability when installing a Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distro.
- We fixed an issue where Settings might crash if you selected Activation under Updates & Security.
- If your network connection is unexpectedly disconnected, the Miracast banner will now have a close button for you to use if needed.
- We fixed an issue where the Performance tab of Task Manager wouldn’t expand from a collapsed state if you double clicked on the text.
- We fixed an issue where the network icon in the taskbar might show that there was no internet, even though there actually was connection.
- We fixed an issue impacting Windows Hello reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where if you manually updated the DNS server settings in Settings, it wouldn’t apply.
- We fixed an issue from the previous two flights resulting in mobile hotspot unexpectedly turning off if enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the system hanging after resume from hibernation.
- We fixed an issue potentially resulting in the error, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.” when you try to expand, view, or create Custom Views in Event Viewer.
- The cursor may not move to the location last read as Narrator auto-reads when an Outlook message is opened while in Scan Mode.
- Narrator will start reading when replying to a message. Press the control key and move to the top of the message to write your reply.
- Text cursor indicator color and size might not persist when you sign in. To work around that, simply turn off and turn on the “Use text cursor indicator” setting again.
- Occasionally, you might see that the text cursor indicator stay on the screen or reappear after the app has been closed or the page contents have scrolled away.