21 Aug '19 21 Aug '19
- You can now allow Windows to store which apps were running and restart them when logging in again
- We fixed an issue resulting in the screens shown while updating Windows unexpectedly saying “managed by your organization” for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar unexpectedly hiding sometimes when launching the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where some of the colors weren’t correct in Language Settings if using High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue that could result in background tasks not working in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where if you set focus to the notification area of the taskbar via WIN+B, then opened a flyout and pressed Esc to close it, then the focus rectangle would no longer show up correctly anymore.
- We fixed an issue where on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page, the device type wasn’t read out loud when using a screen reader.
- We fixed an issue resulting in help links not being accessible when adding a new wireless display device on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page if the text scaling was set to 200%.
- Insiders may notice a new “Cloud download” option in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) under “Reset this PC.” This feature is not working quite yet. We’ll let you know once it is, so you can try it out!
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in the minimize, maximize, and close title bar buttons not working for certain apps. If you’re using an impacted app, Alt+F4 should work as expected to close the app if needed.
- Some WSL distros will not load (Issue #4371).
- We’re investigating reports that DWM is using unexpectedly high system resources for some Insiders.
- There’s an issue impacting a small number of Insiders which started on the previous flight, involving a lsass.exe crash and resulting in a message saying, “Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart.” We’re working on a fix and appreciate your patience.
22 Aug '19 22 Aug '19