29 Aug '19 29 Aug '19
No changelog yet
29 Aug '19 29 Aug '19
- When Windows recognizes a tablet experience, the search box will collapse, taskbar icons will get more space, File Explorer will use the touch-optimised UI and the touch keyboard will invoke on tapping in text fields
Update & Security
- "Cloud download" has been added as a new recovery option
- Improvements to the launch time when the Settings header is visible
- Narrator will now start reading webpages from the top rather than from the main landmark on it
- Narrator now supports the
- You can now turn of Narrator input learning of by hitting Narrator + 1
- Improved Magnifier performance when moving the mouse around the screen
- Windows will now periodically remind you to make backups if you do not have a backup solution installed
- We fixed a DWM memory leak that was impacting the previous two flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some WSL distros not loading (Issue #4371).
- We fixed an issue impacting a small number of Insiders, involving a lsass.exe crash and resulting in a message saying, “Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart.”
- We fixed an issue resulting in WIN+(period) closing if you tried to search for an emoji when focus was set to a text field in an Electron app.
- We fixed two issues that could result in Settings crashing when interacting with options on the Search page.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a bug check with BTHport.sys in recent flights.
- We’re working on addressing feedback about the acrylic in certain surfaces not appearing immediately. In this build, it’s fixed for Start menu, the volume flyout, the network flyout, the clock & calendar flyout, and notification toasts.
- We’ve made some bug fixes and improvements to Magnifier reading capabilities.
- We resolved an issue where Control + Alt + L would not put Magnifier into Lens mode.
- No one likes bugs, so we squashed several of them related to the new text cursor indicator. Text cursor indicator now appears and disappears more reliably. We also fixed an issue where text cursor indicator preview in settings did not change size when text scaling was on.
- We have made improvements in Magnifier reliability.
- We fixed an issue where the File Explorer search suggestions weren’t being read out by Narrator.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator where it would speak “unknown” if you had the “Header Status” column enabled within Outlook as you arrowed between different email messages.
- We fixed a couple Narrator dialog reading issues. Narrator would sometimes speak “empty document” or stop the dialog reading too early.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would not always speak the group name of a radio button on web pages.
- We fixed an issue with Narrator and Excel not speaking the column header when arrowing between cells in a table.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would only speak “item” when navigating by table cells in an Outlook email instead of reading the entire cell’s contents.
- Narrator will now read webpages from the top of the page and not at the main landmark with a fallback to find a paragraph. Thank you for your feedback!
- Improved Outlook performance and stability when reading mail messages in Outlook.
- We have made improvements in Narrator reliability.
- We made a change to Narrator input learning, so you just have to press Narrator + 1 once to turn input learning off. Thank you for your feedback.
- We fixed an issue when a user navigated to a webpage in Edge, Narrator would read just the URL field and not the webpage.
- We fixed an issue when a user was replying to an email in Outlook, Narrator was automatically reading the message while the user was trying to type.
- The cloud download option is not currently working when specific optional features are installed. The process will begin, but an error will occur and roll back the changes. To work around this issue, remove the optional features before trying the cloud download option. We’ll let you know once this issue has been resolved. The optional features are: EMS and SAC Toolset for Windows 10, IrDA infrared, Print Management Console, RAS Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK), RIP Listener, all RSAT tools, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Windows Fax and Scan, Windows Storage Management, Wireless Display, WMI SNMP Provider.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in the minimize, maximize, and close title bar buttons not working for certain apps. If you’re using an impacted app, Alt+F4 should work as expected to close the app if needed.
- Text on Devices pages in Settings for “Bluetooth and Other Devices” and “Printers and Scanners” isn’t rendering correctly.
- Search isn’t working for Insiders using certain display languages, including Polish. If you are impacted by this, switching your display language to English then back to your preferred display language should resolve it.