16 Dec '19
- You can now remove previous searches by right-clicking an entry in the dropdown menu
Network & Internet
- Hotspot 2.0 has been removed as its own setting and is now considered enabled when Wi-Fi is enabled
- Download Folder has been added as a new privacy setting
Update & Security
- Windows Update will now keep your drivers up-to-date as part of Optional Updates
Language and input
Input Method Editor
- The Korean IME has been updated with a new candidate selection window and improved algorithms for text prediction when using the touch keyboard
- The Out Of the Box Experience will now ask if the device will be used by just you or your family and help setup a family group once the OOBE completes
- The Windows Recovery Environment no longer requires an admin password to access recovery tools
- Users will no longer be reminded of HomGroup's removal
- We fixed an issue resulting in the first character of your query getting dropped when “automatically type into the search box” File Explorer setting was enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in unexpectedly needing to re-download the whole game when an update to your installed game came via the store.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Task Manager’s icon not appearing in the notification area of the taskbar even though it had been enabled in Settings.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Resource Manager getting stuck and not showing any disk activity.
- We fixed an issue with the Vietnamese Telex keyboard where after typing an upper-case letter in certain apps, Ctrl+A would stop working in that app.
- We fixed an issue where creating a new storage pool in the UI would fail with incorrect parameter.
- We fixed an issue where after dragging the bottom of a UWP app up to resize it, any further resizing actions from the bottom wouldn’t work.
- We fixed a typo in the text under Settings > Search > Searching Window.
- We fixed an issue where if your device was offline, Narrator would still announce that language features were available to download when you navigated to the per-language options under Language Settings.
- We fixed an issue that could result in no tooltip with the full text appearing in Settings when hovering over text truncated with an ellipsis.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Bluetooth battery level displayed in Settings getting stuck and thus reducing accuracy.
- We fixed an issue where if you rolled back the build you were on, Windows Update might still list the older build number under Update History.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- The Optimize Drives Control Panel is incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices. Optimization is completing successfully, even though it is not reflected in the UI.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).