Last updated to match version 10.0.19608
Start + search
- The alphabet in the start menu all apps list has been updated for the Vietnamese alphabet which does not include the Latin letters F, J, W and Z
- You can now remove previous searches by right-clicking an entry in the dropdown menu
- File Explorer will now show more padding for touchscreen devices by default
- WSL distro's will now show in the sidebar
Taskbar + Action center
- The "location in-use"-icon has been altered to be a compass arrow instead of a dot in a circle
- For touchscreen devices, the taskbar icons will now have more space betweem them and the search box will collapse to icon-only by default
- You can now control which GPU apps can run on
- About will no longer show your Windows Security status
- Storage will now provide you with cleanup recommendations
Network & Internet
- Hotspot 2.0 has been removed as its own setting and is now considered enabled when Wi-Fi is enabled
- A search field has been added to "Choose default apps by file type"
Time & Language
- The "Set time zone automatically" toggle will be disabled if location is disabled
- "Basic diagnostics data" and "Full diagnostics data" have been renamed to "Required diagnostics data" and "Optional diagnostics data"
- Download Folder has been added as a new privacy setting
- Screen Capture has been added as a page to control which apps can disable the screen capture border
Update & Security
- Windows Update will now keep your drivers up-to-date as part of Optional Updates
- The OneDrive icon in the Settings header has been updated to reflect the new logo
Language and input
- The Scottish Gaelic keyboard will now use AltGr + 7 to input ⁊, pressing ´ will now directly insert this characters and Alt Gr + ´ will now act as a dead key to add the acute accent to the next letter
- The on-screen keyboard will now open by default when tapping in a text field on a touchscreen device
Input Method Editor
- The Korean IME has been updated with a new candidate selection window and improved algorithms for text prediction when using the touch keyboard
- Under the tab Details, a new column has been added called "Architecture" as an optional column
- Updates the Windows Security icon
- Narrator will no longer enable scan mode when interacting with Excel's Ideas pane
- The Out Of the Box Experience will now ask if the device will be used by just you or your family and help setup a family group once the OOBE completes
- Adds support for Hyper-V features on ARM devices
- Advanced startup has been improved to allow for a number of Ease of Access functions to work as expected
- The Eye Control settings have been redesigned to span multiple pages to make it easier to navigate
- Services implemented by binaries residing in the user profile will now persist through upgrades
- The Windows Recovery Environment no longer requires an admin password to access recovery tools
- Users will no longer be reminded of HomGroup's removal
- We fixed an issue where Sticky Notes windows couldn’t be moved.
- We fixed an issue resulting in language packs failing to install on the previous build. Anyone impacted by this may have noticed some parts of the UI weren’t displaying in your preferred language.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing an incorrect icon for Microsoft Edge Canary.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Snip & Sketch App launching in the background instead of foreground (on top of all windows) when the app was invoked via pen click.
- We fixed an issue where using the arrow keys in the taskbar volume flyout was unexpectedly backwards in Arabic, inconsistent from the direction it went in other slider controls.
- We’ve done some work to improve the performance when loading the Windows Update history page.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- The Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re investigating reports that app icons in the taskbar are having rendering issues, including defaulting to the .exe icon.
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
20185.10005 Aug '20
20180.100029 Jul '20
20175.100022 Jul '20
20170.100015 Jul '20
20161.10001 Jul '20
20152.100024 Jun '20
20150.100017 Jun '20
19645.110 Jun '20
19640.13 Jun '20
19635.128 May '20
19631.121 May '20
19628.113 May '20
19624.10006 May '20
19619.100029 Apr '20
19613.100527 Apr '20
19613.100022 Apr '20
19608.100617 Apr '20
19608.100015 Apr '20
19603.10008 Apr '20
19592.100125 Mar '20
19587.100018 Mar '20
19582.100112 Mar '20
19577.10005 Mar '20
19569.100020 Feb '20
19564.100512 Feb '20
19564.100012 Feb '20
19559.10005 Feb '20
19555.100130 Jan '20
19551.100523 Jan '20
19546.100016 Jan '20
19541.10008 Jan '20
19536.100016 Dec '19